I’ve had several clients hire me recently to do webinars/presentations on basic concepts in membership. It occurred to me that other people might want this information, too. So I’m launching a series of blog posts designed to introduce readers to – or remind them of – key concepts in membership recruitment, engagement, retention, and renewal.
Over the coming weeks and months, I’ll address items like:
- MVP – what is is and why does it matter?
- Recruitment v retention v renewal – how do they relate to each other?
- Lead generation – where do you find people?
- Ladders of engagement – how to you draw them in?
- Using data – when is the right time to ask people to join?
- Learning why people joined – why does that matter?
- Welcome series – what is it, and why is it important?
- What is engagement (it may not be what you think)
- Personalization – why does it matter, and how do you do it?
- Role of volunteerism – how can good volunteer experiences boost retention?
- Effective renewal cycles – what do they look like and how do they work?
- Exit surveying – why should you do it?
Suggestions for other topics I’ve missed? Leave them in the comments.