We all know we should be doing it, and some of us are. Hubspot shares 50 “amazing” facts about mobile marketing that should light a fire under your efforts:
The items I think are most important for associations include:
- 25% of Americans access the Internet ONLY through their mobile devices. Does your association’s website render correctly on mobile devices? Are you ecommerce functions mobile-friendly?
- Still not convinced? 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action (7 of 10 within ONE hour), and more than 50% lead to purchases.
- 76% of smartphone owners use location-based check-in. What might that mean for your next annual meeting?
- The majority of people under 35 own and use smartphones. How might that impact your young professional programs and outreach?
- 1 in 10 Americans have texted a charitable donation from their phones. Do you do fundraising? Have you considered trying a mobile/SMS campaign?
Posting’s been a little slow this week because I’ve been hard at work on the next TWO whitepapers that will be coming out from Spark Consulting this spring: one on risk and strategic decision making for senior teams (with Jamie Notter and Leslie White), the other on evidence-based decision-making in associations (with Peter Houstle). I’m really excited about both of them, and they should both be out in the March-ish time frame.