Are you looking for a dynamic speaker to fire up your volunteers? Do your chapter leaders need training in how to support your association’s recruitment and retention efforts? Would you like to inspire the attendees at your users’ group meeting? Would you like your staff to learn how to make better decisions, work more effectively with your volunteers, or develop a customer relationship management mindset?
Participant quote, MarComm Makeover session:
“Elizabeth Engel is AWESOME! She is the reason I return to ASAE events. Great thought and content leader, great facilitator, great insight.”
Hire Spark to create and deliver a content-rich and compelling presentation or lead a highly interactive and effective training program at your next event.
Participant quote, session on new models of volunteerism:
“Elizabeth provided excellent, timely and clear information. She understood the topic and engaged the audience. Being able to interact and throw ideas around with the other attendees in the session was a great experience and way to share best practices.”
My standard rate is $2500 (plus travel),which includes an originally created presentation just for your audience on a mutually-agreed-upon topic, plus any of:
- Presenting a second session from my list of standard presentations (see below)
- Moderating a panel
- Sitting on a moderated panel
- Delivering my IGNITE presentation
- Facilitating an idea swap
- Facilitating a senior-level roundtable discussion
Or you can hire me to present a custom webinar for $1500 (no travel, obviously).
Participant quote: session on customer relationship management
“This was the most helpful session at the conference for those looking to switch to a new AMS/CRM system. The concept of three very different associations discussing the path they took in implementation was exactly what I came to the conference for, and would like to see more like this next year.”
My standard presentations are 60-75 minute breakout sessions that can easily be customized to your audience. Ready-to-roll topics include:
- Include Is a Verb, taking a practical look at what makes the association D+I environment unique and why well-intentioned D+I efforts often fail. Your team will be inspired to create their own vision of what a truly inclusive association would look like, and will leave with concrete, actionable ideas about how to align your walk with your talk (includes a 36 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees). You can request a “team approach,” where I present with my co-author, Sherry Marts, PhD.
- The Association Role in the New Education Paradigm, addressing some of the key disruptions affecting K-12 and higher education, the education-to-employment pipeline, and the workforce, detailing the inherent advantages associations have in being part of the solution, and providing practical ideas and strategies for getting started (includes a 39 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees). You can request a “team approach,” where I present with my co-author Shelly Alcorn, CAE.
- The Lean Startup Changes Everything, introducing the principles of lean startup (as more fully articulated in Eric Ries’s book The Lean Startup) and showing associations how we can use them to help us avoid investing resources working on the wrong thing and bring better programs, products, and services to our audiences faster (includes a 28 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees). You can request a “team approach,” where I present with my co-author Guillermo Ortiz de Zarate.
- Leading Engagement from the Outside-In, proposing that associations flip our perspective on member engagement, putting members and what they’re trying to achieve personally and professional at the center of our focus, and shifting our relationship from a transactional “we make – you buy” to a strategic partnership in which the members and the association co-create the value we provide (includes a 37 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees). This is another “team approach” option, in which I present with my co-author Anna Caraveli, PhD.
- The Mission Driven Volunteer, sharing a new model that meets today’s volunteers where they’re at and engages them to advance the work of your organization (includes a 23 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees) – you can also get a team approach for this one, which I present with my co-author Peggy Hoffman, CAE.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making for Associations, looking at how association leaders can use data and experience to ask meaningful, mission-driven questions and use data to inform your decision-making processes around them (includes a 22 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees) – you can also get a team approach for this one, which I present with my co-author Peter Houstle.
- Attention Doesn’t Scale, on the importance of content curation in an era of information overload (includes a 9 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees).
- Member Relations, talking about why it’s important to not be afraid of sales (includes a 17 page whitepaper for distribution to your attendees).
- Members: How to Get ‘Em, How to Keep ‘Em, an introduction to foundational concepts in membership recruitment and retention which is excellent for component leaders and staff – many clients have done this as a package with a follow up in-person or virtual event during which I address your audiences’ specific questions about and needs regarding recruitment and retention.
- Chapters 101-201-301, discussing the lifecycle of chapters and touching on the biggest advantage and challenge at each stage, the three key things the chapter needs to focus on at each stage, and each stage’s super power.
- Marketing on a Shoestring Budget, sharing tips and ideas to get the most out of limited marketing dollars (excellent session for component leaders and staff).
- Ten Tips for Creating Great Marketing Materials, a highly interactive session where attendees share and critique each others’ materials, using a tips handout sheet (excellent session for component leaders and staff).
- Your Membership Dilemmas: Solved!, for which we solicit your audience’s top membership issues in advance, I do a live consulting session on several of them (how many depends on the length of the session), and then lead participants through an exercise addressing an issue together.
- Carpe Annum – IGNITE session
Participant quote: content curation session
“Thanks so much for the whitepaper – excited to share this back home! The content of presentation was really interesting and gave me good, concrete information and action items. Elizabeth had great energy. She was a very good presenter, with a relaxed, engaging style.”
To get a better sense of the topics I generally present on and see which might fit for your event, check out my speaking engagement archive.
Contact Elizabeth Engel about speaking at your next event at email@example.com or 202.468.3478.