- “…after forty years of intensive effort, the work-life frontier looks grim” (ouch)
- What do you believe? Are you willing to put it out there as publicly as Joe Gerstandt?
- Beware an over-reliance on numbers; they’re more fallible than you think.
- Mental disorder or neurodiversity? Warning: this one is long, but it’s also very thought provoking.
- If “real innovation is always the outcome of ongoing discourse among a small group of innovators who truly understand the importance of what they’re working on,” what does that mean for open innovation projects?
- Does the existence of language stifle innovation? (as a words person more than an images person, I could be in trouble)
- The most secure password is the one you don’t even consciously know. (this is some next-level shit for real)
- Great tools to hack your life from Associations Now (plus even more in the comments).
- Looking for a little inspiration on a Wednesday? You’re in luck.
- Associations Now recaps #MMCCon with a focus on the small points that add up to big impact.
- Going cold turkey on multi-tasking costs you nothing and gains you a lot.
- Are you member driven or governance driven (because they are not the same thing)?
- Tips for using social media as part of your crisis communications plan from the SocialFish blog.
- Associations Now rounds up recent trends and changes in AMS packages.
- The American Association of Publishers jumps into the open access fray.
What I’m Reading
About Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAEElizabeth Weaver Engel, M.A., CAE, is CEO and Chief Strategist at Spark Consulting LLC. Elizabeth has over 19 years of experience helping associations grow, in membership, marketing, communications, public presence, and especially revenue, which is what Spark is all about. She speaks and writes frequently on a variety of topics in association management. When she's not helping associations grow, Elizabeth loves to dance, listen to live music, cook, garden, and blog about the Philadelphia Eagles.
This entry was posted in blog roundup, communication, conferences, cool technology, innovation, leadership, management, membership, social media and tagged AMS, Anna Caraveli, ASAE, Associations Now, Harvard Business Review, Innovation Excellence, Joe Gerstandt, SocialFish, Technology Review. Bookmark the permalink.